Boat launching your drone can be a wonderful or horrifying experience depending on your results. Having had more than my fair share of launch and lands I thought it was time to put something together about how I do it, by myself.
Now obviously with someone helping this process is quite a bit more simple but all of the tips can be simplified if you have a “catcher”. The full video is here
Here’s my most important things to consider.
- Battery. Battery. Battery. Take your time and do your normal checks.
- Consider the compass if you have plenty of steel around.
- Work out which way you’re drifting.
- Give yourself time to launch and land.
- I prefer to drift into the drone on landing rather than steer the drone into the boat.
Would like to do a few more of these so will see how we go!
See you at the beach!